Ten Tips for Planning the Perfect Event
- Decide what type of party is suitable for you and your guests (e.g. casual or formal, brunch or luncheon, sit down dinner or buffet, cocktail or afternoon fiesta)
- Pick your event theme, date and location. Be creative and practical and focus on color schemes, potential seasonal enhancements, and budget-friendly times of day, week and year.
- Consider working with a full-service event planning group or event coordinator.
- Get Organized! Consider keeping a file of event details as well as a calendar of appointments with potential vendors.
- Interview and choose vendors you would like to help assist you with your event
- Think about and discuss details and accents such as lighting and production, catering options, table linens and hardware, guest favors, music and/or other entertainment.
- Plan the menu
- Construct a detailed plan of the event. Be sure to have a “plan B” in case of drastic weather changes.
- Use a checklist as the event gets closer to ensure that no detail has been omitted.
- Remember that the event is your event, so, don’t be afraid to be creative and add your own personal touches wherever you like.